I have just finished reading the latest installment by Michelle Sagara from her Cast in series, "Cast in Silence", and I can honestly say that this series is on my "Must buy immediately" list. Rather than review it and bore you I will instead write a list of reasons why I'm enjoying this series and why most importantly I've bought a copy (as opposed to going for the library loan option - not epiracy, geez):
- Female Protagonist is tough but also vulnerable. Isn't whiney, grating, super perfect and holier than thou, etc. She appears quite well rounded, has a back story, isn't all about the attitude and seems to be on the journey of discovery just as much as the reader. She's witty, has certain character flaws and habits that make you smile as the series progresses and you can see her character develop as the books wear on.
- Engaging set of characters that appear very well thought out. Love Lord Nightshade and Severn. More please. <3
- An amazingly interesting world. It's not like anything else I've read.
- Story includes discovering/understanding various cultures of the world it's set in and I think that part is handled really beautifully.
- Its pacey and doesn't lag.
- Very re-readable due to the engaging way it's written.
But now I await impatiently for the next book, Cast in Chaos. Grrr!